Bobcat has announced the launch of the company’s new Machine IQ telematics subscription service. Designed to connect customers to machine information anytime and anywhere, the new service is available in two packages with standard or premium options.
Bobcat’s Machine IQ allows customers to check the health of their machines and remotely track information that enhances maintenance, security and performance. This simple and powerful tool empowers users to get the most out of their equipment, helping them to achieve more while protecting their investment at the same time.
With Machine IQ, customers have 24/7 access to machine information on their smartphones or computers. Equipped with this, customers can optimise machine use and plan jobs for maximum profitability by keeping idle times to a minimum and tracking fuel consumption. Service planning is made easy with maintenance notifications, saving operators time and money by allowing them to efficiently schedule machine maintenance and manage job sites during planned downtime.
Connecting to machine data not only drives efficiency – it delivers peace of mind as well. Machine IQ enhances security by allowing users to create geo-fences and machine curfews, providing the assurance that their investment is protected with customisable notifications that alert users when there is unauthorised machine movement.
The system and service has been widely adopted by numerous dealers worldwide and is redefining the standards for operational efficiency and customer service. With IQ data, dealers can anticipate and prepare for service needs before customers need to pick up the phone.
Two options are offered: a standard package with basic telematics and a premium one with additional advanced features. The subscription options let users tailor their experiences and access the level of connectivity and insights that best suit their needs.
Free for two years
The standard package is a subscription service that allows for effective fleet management. The service is free for the first two years from the original equipment delivery date. Machine IQ Standard features include:
- Basic telematics. Tracks key information points, including GPS location and history, operating hours and last recorded fuel levels.
- Custom asset names. Allows creation of personalised names to quickly identify machines in a fleet.
- Maintenance interval tracking. Tracks regular planned maintenance and allows customers to view high-level instructions in the portal for each machine.
Features and insights
Premium gives the ability to upgrade a subscription with more robust reporting data to enhance equipment monitoring. It includes all standard features plus the following:
- Maintenance reminder alerts. Notifies via email when approaching regular maintenance. The alert provides high-level information on how to perform regular maintenance as well as on relevant parts. Customers can access the regular maintenance tracker to see what planned maintenance is coming up.
- Fault code notifications and troubleshooting. Distributes alerts, a clear description and troubleshooting steps if the machine reports a fault code. Customers can also subscribe to email notifications for alerts and troubleshooting.
- Geo-fence creation and breach notification. Provides the ability to set up custom boundaries and receive email notifications the moment the machine leaves the specified operation footprint.
- Curfew creation and breach notifications. Alerts customers via email if their equipment is being operated outside of designated days or hours.
- Motion detection notification. Notifies customer of machine movement when the key is off.
- Machine utilisation reporting. Tracks machine efficiency and utilisation to help customers make more informed decisions. The feature compares idle time, working time and fuel usage as well as generating custom reports.
- In-portal notification management. Gives the ability to monitor notifications within the portal. A clear notification counter on the home page provides a singular place to manage all important machine notifications.
Customers can experience the benefits of premium with a free 90-day trial with every new equipment purchase of eligible equipment.
Making a connection
Machine IQ comes factory-installed with many equipment models and can easily be installed on compatible machines in the field. Customers can access Machine IQ by visiting my.bobcat.com, creating an account and logging in. Alternatively, the mobile app for Machine IQ can be downloaded from Google Play/Apple Store.
For more information on Bobcat’s Machine IQ subscriptions, click here