Established in 2006, Konstructa Hire is celebrating its 10th anniversary. The business has one of the newest construction hire fleets in the UK and has expanded from one to 10 hire centres in the last decade – from Glasgow in Scotland down to Hampshire in the south.
It is now investing in three of its hire centres to increase capacity and meet the rising demand for its site accommodation buildings available for hire:
- The hire centre in Cobham is relocating to Borden in Hampshire which will treble capacity and increase production space from a single to a multi-bay area
- The Dunstable hire centre is moving to Aylesbury to double capacity
- The hire centre in Warrington is being expanded by an additional acre and benefiting from more workshop space for site accommodation maintenance.
Plans are also in place to expand two further hire centres for the business in 2017. David Griffiths, Director and General Manager of Konstructa Hire, said: “We started the business from scratch 10 years ago to supply site accommodation of unrivalled quality to the construction industry, supported by outstanding service levels from our experienced teams based at our hire centre network across the UK.”
“In that time, we have increased market share year-on-year and have continued to invest in the development of a range of building types and options which are specifically designed to meet the needs of the construction industry. We have increased our hire fleet by a third in the last three years and continue to add to our product range to meet demand from the UK’s leading national and regional building contractors and housebuilders.”
“This latest investment in three of our hire centres will significantly increase our fleet storage space and production facilities to further improve lead times and customer service locally. We have ambitious plans to grow the business and our continued investment in our hire centre network is central to that.”
Achievements in the 10 years since the Konstructa Hire business was launched by the Portakabin Group have included:
- A high level of repeat business – more than 75 per cent
- The development and launch of Konstructa Modular – multi-storey accommodation which features five new patents for advanced site safety to avoid working at height
- The launch of the UK’s first energy-saving site office building to have A-rated energy performance. The Konstructa fleet of eco site buildings is now larger than its standard range of buildings, illustrating how more contractors are looking to minimise energy consumption on construction sites
- The only site accommodation business to offer a Customer Charter and a week’s free hire if a project is not delivered on time
- Innovative new additions to the range of options have been developed since the launch of Konstructa Hire to meet the site requirements of building contractors and for ease of procurement, including boot washing units and smoking shelters
- Accreditation from safecontractor for the business’ commitment to achieving health and safety excellence.
The range of construction buildings available from Konstructa Hire now includes single and multi-storey site accommodation; anti-vandal buildings for additional security; fire-rated buildings; and low energy site buildings.
All the building types can be suited together to meet any construction site requirement – offices; canteens and mess rooms; toilets; shower, changing and drying rooms, and storage units. Konstructa Hire can also supply all furniture, staircases, and effluent tanks and the site accommodation can be branded to reflect a contractor’s corporate image.
For further information about construction site accommodation for hire visit www.konstructa.co.uk