Lifterz and Sterling have a long-standing relationship during which time Sterling have supplied their Rigid Beavertail Plant Bodies. Having found there was a gap in the market Lifterz came to Sterling and asked them to build bespoke Access Trailers with unique features required for transporting Access Platforms. The two firms worked very closely together to configure the design, and the finished product is a testament to this partnership.
Features on the Trailers include:
• A fully Galvanised Dual Serrated Mesh Decking for maximum traction and safety,
• 22 Pairs of 5T Lashing Rings along the side raves and 12 pairs in the centre – perfect for large volumes of small scissor lifts,
• Ultra-low loading angles on the main ramps and onto the Gooseneck, allowing any access platform to be loaded safety all the way to the top deck,
• A 3.2M long double flip ramp slide leaves only a 50mm gap eliminating the risk of dropping machines between the ramps,
• Fall arrest handrails along the entire length of the Trailer allows wide machines to be loaded safely,
• Both the Ramps and Winch can be operated by Remote Control,
• The Trailer features Truck-Lite LED Lighting all around.
The Trailers are pulled by high spec Scania R450 Tag Axle Units, the complete combination giving a payload in excess of 25T running under C&U Regulations. The first Trailer went into service in October 2018 and has already covered over 80,000 Kilometres subsequently two more were delivered to Lifterz as promised in July 2019. A further 2 Trailers will be supplied by early 2020.
Steven Gerrard, Operation Manager at Lifterz commented; ‘Myself and Lifterz have had a long, well established trading relationship with the Sterling Group, they produce excellent quality rigid bodies of which we have 12 and they have put their knowledge and know how into building an exceptional safe and efficient trailer. During the development and build of the trailers, the team at Sterling clearly understood our requirements and needs to produce a trailer that was ‘fit for purpose’, and not an adapted ‘off the shelf’ unit. We had valuable input from experienced, professional drivers who use these units every day and this assisted us in the development of the trailers.’
‘I would like to thank Jarl and the team at Sterling for designing, producing and delivery, of what we believe to be a class leading trailer for the Access industry and other sectors.’
Jarl James, Sales Director at Sterling commented, ‘I’d like to thank Steve Gerrard and Lifterz for the trust they have put in Sterling to develop the Trailer and for their invaluable input into the design. It truly has been a partnership and the finished product does what it is supposed to, which is transport Access Platforms more safely and more efficiently.’